Monday, April 26, 2010

Itching For A Scratch


Image courtesy of www.carolsdaughter.com


After doing the BC, I noticed my hair began to itch. I washed it, cowashed and I kept it moisturized.

I couldn't for the life of me understand why it was itching. Since I kept it moisturized, and I didn't have dry scalp, I was clueless. Walking around scratching your scalp all day is NOT the hotness, so I called Mr. Google and he and I got to discussing this thing. Hehe It seems I'm not alone when it comes to the itchy scalp. Ha! Who knew? (sarcasm)

I discovered the cause of the itching was simply my scalps reaction to the product I was using. That let me know, it didn't like it, so I got to searching various sites on what to use to cure the itching.

There were a few products that sounded like they would do the trick, but I decided to use Lisa's Hair Elixir by Carol's Daughter. I'd heard good things about this line, so I decided to give it a try. I stopped by Macy's while out and about to pick it up, and also bought the Healthy Hair Butter.

There was another product that peaked my interest, from another line, but I'll talk about that in another post. Let's discuss Carol's Daughter for now.

The Hair Elixir can be used to condition, deep condition and as a hot oil treatment. Since I was no longer going to use the other stuff, I decided to do a deep condition. As I rubbed it in my hands, the smell that filled the air was of peppermint. I liked it immediately. After applying it to my hair, it felt a bit tingly on my scalp.

I left the oil in my hair for about five to seven minutes. I then rinsed it out with warm water and proceeded to shampoo my hair. I use Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo and the Smoothing Shea Butter Conditioner.

I'm seriously thinking of finding another shampoo and conditioner, because both products have silicones with the suffix -cone, which I read should be used sparingly, because over time it causes frizz. I'm currently searching for another wash and condition combo. If you know a good one, let me know.

Oh! Some of the ingredients in the Elixir are: Soybean Oil, Sweet Almond (Hehe..inside joke) Oil, Olive Fruit Oil and Peppermint Oil to name a few. I loved the way it made my hair feel, and after using it once, the itch was gone. The second time I used it, I did a hot oil treatment, which I believe has done wonders for my hair. I think it's also helping with the growth of my hair, because after the second week, I saw a significant change in the length of my hair.

All in all, I'm loving Lisa's Hair Elixir. I have tight curls, and my front tends to eat up moisture, but since I've been using this, I've noticed a positive reaction in the front. It gives it more shine, and I don't have to worry about feeling like I have too much moisture going on.

Since I started using the Elixir, I've done weekly hot oil treatments. I'm LOVING IT!

Do you use this product? Have you ever used it? If so, how did it work for you? Or did it work for you?

3 comments:

  1. I avoided this product for a while because I'd tried both Hair Milk and Hair Butter by CD and neither worked well. I was gifted a bottle of this and loved it which proves that different products from the same line have much different effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my hair eats up some Hair Butter, but I've learned when to use it and when NOT to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healthy hair butter LOVES mt kids hair...havent tried it on my hair yet I don't have enough...lol

    ReplyDelete